Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fall Menu Recipe: Confetti Casserole

There's no better time to start the challenge then TODAY.  It's not actually fall, of course, but I am going to stick this in the crockpot today and give it a test run.

Confetti Casserole:

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
3 medium carrots, cut into one inch chunks
1 (10 oz.) package of frozen green beans
1 (10 oz.) package of frozen corn
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained

In a skillet brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.  In a slow cooker, layer potatoes, carrots, beans, and corn, Top with beef mixture. Pour tomatoes over the top. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.  Yield 8 servings.

Recipe Source: Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipes

Let me know if you try this. I am interested in flavor as I often have trouble with slow cookers because the food tastes a little bland. 

3 comments:

scn said...

Ginger thiis looks good Let me know if you try it

happeningswithLana said...

I think this sounds good too

Eddie said...


This sounds so good, that I think I will try it this week. I have one day on my menu for trying a recipe.