Thursday, January 31, 2013

Happy January Great Pumpkin Day

I'm planning to follow the same format here at Cranberry and Co as I am doing at Rudolph Ramblings....I will be posting about what I am actually doing on Great Pumpkin Day.  I might  throw in some internet ideas here and there but I want it to be more personal.
 
It’s Haunted Plans month. This is the month to declutter and get your Autumn/Halloween notebook ready for a new year! Print out planner pages or organize your tear files. With Halloween followed quickly by Thanksgiving and Christmas sometimes the notebook/planner gets neglected. This is the month to get it in order and ready for a haunting new year.
 
Here are some photos and ideas from my own Halloween Notebook:
 

Here's my Halloween Notebook. I actually have a general autumn notebook also but this one is specific to Halloween.

The first section in the notebook is Great Pumpkin Day:


As you can see I have the dividers inside page protectors. I'm honestly NOT a big fan of page protectors so maybe as one of my GPD projects this year. I'll buy some dividers and glue the fancy picture dividers onto them! Behind this section are lists for GPD, craft ideas I might want to try, movies to watch etc.


Next is recipes....I really am not finding myself using this section much because I have recipe notebooks set up and most of them are in those but it's a great place to file pictures and recipes torn from magazines that I might want to try.


This is probably the section I love the most because every year we have an annual BOO BASH. Two years ago we hosted a Mystery Haunted Dinner and last year a Witch Hunt Dinner party. I'm not sure about 2013 yet.


Another section I don't really use much. I really need to develop it.




This is a great section to file ideas for party decorations and other ideas. You can also include an inventory list so you know what you already have.


Last is the Halloween Countdown section that includes all the sheets and lists for a six week countdown to Halloween. Some years I have followed it closely and others not so much but it is a GREAT way to be all ready for school parties and our annual Boo Bash.


Great Pumpkin Day List: Time to plan the year. Find some cute autumn paper and create a GPD list with some ideas to try each month.  (I'm starting this and will share more about it as we move forward into the year!)

No comments: